Last week I was the lucky recipient of a bag of fresh chilies from Bonnie’s parents’ garden.
I went looking for a recipe for poppers, but found this delicious recipe from Martha Stewart instead.
* 6 fresh poblano chiles
* 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
* 2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
* 5 small tomatillos (about 7 ounces), husks removed
* 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, plus sprigs for garnish
* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 to 2 limes)
* 1 3/4 teaspoons coarse salt
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 2 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 5 ears of corn)
* 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
* Freshly ground pepper, to taste
(see the link for the directions!)
I switched out the chicken for some diced grilled squash, just because. Grill 1″ thick slices of squash with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper until they are just tender. Don’t overcook, or it gets mushy when you bake it. I bet firm tofu or even shrimp would work well too.